Tuesday 16 April 2013

Week 1: Starting Of The Entrepreneur Journey

This is a following new year, a new semester with the module called Entrepreneurship. As I took a step in the classroom, it was filled with unfamiliar type of new faces as last year was a common year module with different type of courses people in my class. I met Ashley,Andrew and rest for the first time.
Instead of sitting with my usual clique, I stood out of my comfort zone and approached them. We talked about something that caught my attention, choosing this module called entrepreneurship. I believe most of the people feel is the most safe choice compared to Hacking and another module marketing intelligence as you are required to be skilled in terms of IT knowledge(Info comm security,networking operating system,database management system module) I explained that I took this module because I like to try new things, approaching new people convincing them to believe in me.

Also being a Boss is so good, own time own target, freedom to do whatever I want that comes with responsibility  with a possibility to earn more then working as a employee. A small low cost business which does not require huge amount of funds is viable for people like us, a challenge from us to meet and solve problem. If I fall, I must learn how to stand up again and not make the same mistake. Being a role model, to lead by example for the employees to follow

The word "Trust" what does it means to you, to me. Once a certain person loses his trust on you, others will starts to question your credentials sooner or later. It is essential for working partners to trust each others. Similarly for me, once I start to lose my trust on a certain person, I would not work with the person again as his reliability is at doubt to me.

This word is a essential into being a successful entrepreneur as you have the mindset to deliver what you say, for example being on time,willing to try new stuff and believing in one another.


Being one of the competitive gamer captain in the dota 2 scene, i tend to have the mindset of trying new stuff,taking risk after understanding the pros and cons of it first and upon facing a problem solve it instead of whining and not taking action. There is a chinese saying from Sun Tzu , The Art Of War. "Know your enemy,Know yourself, Win every battle fought" Being unpredictable allows you to be innovative and stand out from them.
 I believe it is similar in terms of being a entrepreneur,everything involves risk, some people might choose to undergo the safer way to minimize the risk involves. Sometimes, unpredictable absurd stuffs that people think wont work, might work if you target the right audience. As time passes, newer technologies will be invented,products that you think that would never be appealing could have attract a lot of users with the correct marketing, the way how you want your user to use them.


For example, iPad a tablet computer which was released on april 3rd 2010 that stood out compared to other tablet computer with better specification due to good marketing from apple,steve job which seems to influences the consumers to buy it. More then 15million ipad are sold in the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment